9.19.2013

Weekly Tunes (1)

I've decided that weekly, I'll bring attention to one musical artist/group on my blog, and I'm pretty excited about that. Not only will I get to talk about music and share it with you guys, but it'll also push me to look for more music, rather than waiting for someone else to show it to me. With that being said, the first of the Weekly Tunes post goes to:

The 1975


So a bit of intro into why I thought I'd post about the 1975: I don't really remember when I got into them but I'd listened to them from time to time, nothing too crazy, but Chocolate is one of my favorite songs by them, and if you know me at all, then you know that I love One Direction, so I just about lost it when harry tweeted these lyrics from Chocolate mid June:
Blah blah, time goes on, I continue to listen to them, and I really liked their sound, and just the melodic tone and pacing behind all their songs. Then they recently got feature on BBC (radio 1 holla!) Live Lounge, and what a plot twist, they covered One Direction's What Makes You Beautiful! It was basically game over for me at that point. No going back.

Watch the cover of WMYB here:



I definitely think you should give their album a listen and if you feel like it you could buy it on iTunes 
(...or download it, #whoops)


Follow them for band updates:



What do you guys think about The 1975? Have you got a favorite song? Comment with thoughts below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

);