9.21.2013

NYFW | LFW

With Milan Fashion Week coming to a close, and Paris Fashion Week starting on the 24th, I wanted to take the chance to catch up and show you guys some of my favorite looks from #NYFW and #LFW!

Like all the years prior, NYFW started with a bang and did not disappoint! Designers took the fashion industry by storm with some flawless showcases and ensembles. I'm still pretty torn up about not being able to get back to the city this year for the events (blame college!!) but if I ever got the opportunity to go to any of the shows I definitely would have made a stop at BCBG, Rebecca Minkoff, Rag & Bone, Alexander Wang, Tibi, Victoria Beckham, Allsaints, Opening Ceremony, 3.1 Philip Lim, Vera Wang, Sass and Bide, and of course Jeremy Scott's eccentric show, ft. Rita Ora!

Some favorites of #NYFW (Clockwise from top left): BCBG, Beckham, Rag & Bone,
3.1 Philip Lim, Alexander Wang, Tibi (2x) and Sass and Bide
If you couldn't tell, I've got a tiny (massive) obsession with the monochrome trend that blew up s/s13 and hasn't quite ended (and trust me, I'm not complaining). However, since falling in love with Danielle Bernstein's Baby got Blanc look, I couldn't help my heart eyes when I saw these pieces on the catwalk.

From Left to Right: Victoria Beckham, 3.1 Philip Lim, Sass and Bide, and Tibi
Jetting on over to London, their Fashion Week always hold a lot of promise, with shows from the likes of J.W. Anderson, House of Holland, Mulberry, Topshop Unique, Burberry Prorsum and Fashion East. It's no surprise that the lovely Cara Delevingne stole the show at many of the high-end events, and while some people will argue that she's overrated and talked about too much, I'd argue that if I was that good at my job, I'd want to be talked about too, #whoops (caution: this is a hate free zone).

From Left to Right: Burberry Prorsum, House of Holland, Mulberry (2x), and Topshop Unique (2x)
I'm absolutely obsessed over HoH. Henry had some gorgeous pieces and they were all quite eccentric, but never too over the top! (I do admit I am biased, because I love Henry Holland and his entire group of socialite friends... but that doesn't mean I can't notice perfection when I see it). I haven't fully wrapped my mind around the Topshop Unique and Mulberry shows yet either. Everything about each show was flawless, and I like to stick to black and white clothes, but Topshop Unique has me questioning my lack of blue items. Really all I can say is that my wish list has doubled in size, and I can already hear my wallet crying.

And there we have it, New York & London Fashion Week! I can't wait to see these pieces off the runway and onto some of my favorite bloggers and celebs, and I definitely can't wait until I get the honor to attend one of these awe-inspiring events. Fingers crossed to hopeful wishing!

Don't forget to let me know which shows and outfits were your favorite! If you had to could you decide on a top 5? Top 10?


No comments:

Post a Comment

);